Saturday, January 23, 2010

Shocking article

I ran across something today that blew me away. To be honest, it actually made me upset. I will share the article with you and let you decide for yourself. But it was very disheartening to me. I guess because it said "The Christianity Today Blog For Women" I would have expected a different viewpoint--a Biblical one. I think this article sends a dangerous message to singles. And according to the comments people made, I am not the only feeling a bit shocked.

As one person commented:In regards to the post that someone wrote claiming that if you are single it is because you are not spiritually mature, I think that is a destructive thing to say and leaves many single women feeling spiritually broken.

And another commented: Once again Christianitytoday has become the spirit for all things liberal but not all things based on GOD and his word. I read this article because the title popped out at me, but I have to say it is dipped in a little bit of bitterness.....Sorry as a single women I will wait on GOD I will not take the matter into my own hands. This article does not come from GOD or his word it just modern day thinking for a church world not steeped in scripture.

I would love your thoughts/comments on the article because I really didn't know what to think. Here is the link to the article: http://blog.christianitytoday.com/women/2009/07/julia_duin_the_anna_syndrome.html







2 comments:

  1. I see why you'd be so angry. It made me angry, too. I posted a long comment there, but it isn't listed now. Not sure if it has to be approval or what.

    I have to wonder if Mrs. Duin is even a Christian. She seems to have much disdain for the church. I don't get it. I'll have to remember to avoid Christianity Today, too. If those are the kind of articles they're publishing, we might as well pick up a People Magazine or whatever. No biblical worldview there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I am still thinking about it....I don't think I will ever forget reading that article! How crazy and I just am blown away. I thought I was going to find encouragement and instead......

    ReplyDelete

 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones